Your water heater is a complex piece of machinery that needs professional attention. You may notice a few signs it isn’t working as it should. To help out, we will tell you all about water heater repair below.
1. Water Heater Maintenance
Have you been performing regular maintenance on your water heater? All units need it from tankless to gas powered to solar powered. One of the most common is the tank flush. This helps get all the contaminants out of the tank to keep them from getting into the functioning part of the unit where they can cause damage. Regular inspection is also recommended including inspection of the anode rod, a professional grade check of the power/gas supply lines and connections, as well as a pilot light check.
2. How Long do Water Heaters Last?
It all depends on how often the above tasks are performed in addition to the quality of your unit and how often it is used. The general rule is that water heaters last from 10 to 15 years. It may be time to replace instead of repair your water heater if it is in this age range and experiencing multiple failures. Be sure to contact a trusted professional in your area if you are considering water heater repair versus replacement.
3. Most Common Water Heater Repairs
Chances are your water heater is not going to work 100% of the time for its lifespan. It is common to have a few breakdowns that need repair. These include:
- Pilot Light Malfunction – Inevitably your pilot light may go out for a number of various reasons. Over time the light will fail and the water in the tank will not heat. It will either need to be fixed or replaced.
- Thermostat Failure – Like your AC system, your water heater also uses a thermostat that can fail. Electric and gas water heaters use different types, so be sure to check your owner’s manual.
- Heating Components – Your heater also uses a number of heating components that can burn out over time. When one fails, the others may have to take over. On occasion, the unit will make strange noises during operation.
Feel free to click here to view more water heater problems.
Lodi Water Heater Repair
Does your water heater in Lodi or the surrounding area need repair? Blackwell Services is a locally owned plumbing company serving the community quickly and efficiently. We specialize in helping you repair water heaters, as well as maintain and replace them. Feel free to contact us to learn more about how we can help you get hot running water again.